Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A New Adventure

This adventure has long been a dream of mine. Over the past six months, I found myself wanting  to break free from a work situation that left little time for personal family circumstances or pursuit of other interests.  The overtime was initially enticing, but not being able to count on a definite end to my work day proved frustrating and stressful during the school year. I have three very active children who were not always happy about going to the After School Program. Although managed by wonderful individuals who were amazing with my children, ASP left my children frustrated and tired by the time I managed to get to them.  I loved being a Lead Teacher in an Infant Room for one of the best curriculum based programs I have ever had the privilege to teach.  Sharing my knowledge of Infant Development and being a part of each child's journey with us was an amazing experience.  The families were some of the most open and loving people I have worked with, and I really felt like they appreciated the efforts of my team.  It was hard to say good-bye to everyone, but I knew that it was time for me to take charge of my happiness and reinvent myself.  I am confident that writing about my decision and the impact it has on my family will be a wonderful way to document the challenges and the rewards of making a big transitional move.  One of my favorite Inspirational Speakers, Mikki Williams, once said that the only person we can change or motivate is ourselves. However, maybe something we say or do can Inspire others to change.  I'd like to share a quote that had become a favorite: "There is no greater joy nor greater reward than to make a fundamental difference in someone's life."  - Sister Mary Rose McGeady, Children's Advocate  Have a wonderful day.  I look forward to sharing this adventure with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment