Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 24, 2014

A Poem for Your Pocket Today

Celebrate "A Poem for Your Pocket" Today!  Here's one for you.


A Poem for Your Pocket
 
Keep a poem in your pocket
and happiness in your heart
any rhythm, song, or style
is the perfect way to start.
 
Every day you greet the sun
or observe the evening moon
rise above the ocean tide
for each day is gone too soon.
 
Keep a poem in your pocket
while you travel through each day
with so many things to do
we need time to think and pray
 
Each day a gift from heaven
and we never know how long
our time on earth is precious
every breath a rhythmic song.
 
Keep a poem in your pocket
inspiration in your heart
building bridges through the day
lighting candles in the dark.
 
Leave a legacy of love
for the world to see quite clear
all the reasons God in heaven
let your life and times shine here.
 
Keep a poem in your pocket
as you go about your day
take time for work and service
give yourself some time to play.
 
The world has many wonders
that includes your life and times
filled with beauty, joy, and wonder
and a multitude of rhymes.
 
 
Special Dedication
Please consider reading the following link.  A beautiful young woman attending Texas A&M recently and unexpectedly passed away following a brief illness. Her family has established a scholarship fund in honor of Christy Crow's  desire to become a teacher.  She was much loved and will be deeply missed.  Read more about her story.  Today is her birthday and the above poem is dedicated to her and to her family.  I worked with her aunt, Mary Angela, several years ago and this tragedy has had an impact on me.  I think about my own three children and cannot imagine how heartbreaking this has been for the family.  I am humbled by their ability to see the sunshine through their sorrow to establish this fund and make sure Christy's legacy continues. The following was posted by her brother today on Facebook.
 
 

2 hrs ·
Today is especially exciting, its Christy's birthday! I can remember that day vividly, 4-24-94, my dad had bought us floor seats to the Rockets game. I remember sitting at my Aunt Ree and Uncle Harry's house waiting...and waiting...and waiting for him to pick me up, but he was running late for one reason...my mom was going into labor. To this day my dad tells this story saying "I knew it had to be a girl, cause no son of mine would make me miss a Rockets game!" HA!! Fortunately, our Aunt Sissy was gracious enough to come and sit with my mom, while my dad and I made it for the remainder of the game. Happy 20th birthday Christy! I know you're up there partying with old family, friends, and Jesus! Enjoy today's photo!
 
Today is especially exciting, its Christy's birthday! I can remember that day vividly, 4-24-94, my dad had bought us floor seats to the Rockets game. I remember sitting at my Aunt Ree and Uncle Harry's house waiting...and waiting...and waiting for him to pick me up, but he was running late for one reason...my mom was going into labor. To this day my dad tells this story saying "I knew it had to be a girl, cause no son of mine would make me miss a Rockets game!" HA!! Fortunately, our Aunt Sissy was gracious enough to come and sit with my mom, while my dad and I made it for the remainder of the game. Happy 20th birthday Christy! I know you're up there partying with old family, friends, and Jesus! Enjoy today's photo!


Heaven's Newest Angel

  Australian Crystal Cross with Angel Wings Magnetic Pendant