Total Pageviews

Monday, February 17, 2014

Random Thoughts on a Monday - My Editor is on Vacation

1.  It's been a long winter.  Today was beautiful, warm, and sunny. 
     I really wanted to get outside but sick children with chronic
     asthma kept us away from the park.  Better luck next time.

2.  I am grateful that I am able to be with my children when they
     are sick.  Last year was an unholy nightmare as I struggled to
     maintain a full time job and manage the medical care for three
     children who always seem to need some type of medication or
     treatment.  It's exhausting to take care of everyone by yourself.

3.  I frequently miss being in a classroom but feel blessed that I
     have the opportunity to write a resource book.  It will hopefully
     be helpful to parents, teachers, and managers.  I still have quite a
     ways to go but am enjoying the process of interviewing,
     researching, and adding anecdotal notes to the manuscript.

4.  I absolutely love that I have reached a point in my life that I
     refuse to be taken for granted.  I'm giving my "editor" more
     frequent breaks so that I can speak my mind without fear of
     retribution.

5.  Although I enjoy working outside of the home,  I have found
     that I am not a fan of being sabotaged by other individuals in the
     work place.  I feel like I've finally found a career as a freelance
     writer where I am supported by other authors who actually like
     being a source of encouragement and support.  This level of
     encouragement is something that I haven't experienced since
     I left Germany where I worked with amazing women who
     mentored me and celebrated my successes. 

6.  Last year I never could have imagined where my choices could
     have transported me.  I am relieved that I had the guts to make
     those decisions even when  the naysayers tried to plant those
     seeds of doubt. 

7.  When it comes right down to the nuts and bolts of where I am
     today, I realize that I'm pretty adventurous, a risk taker, and
     someone with more faith than fear.  I look forward to many
     more adventures.

Parenting is more than a journey in raising competent, confident, and independent children.  Parenting is a sort of boot camp that defines how well you bounce back when faced with adversities.  I can only pray that my children will take notes and be resilient when faced with their own challenges.