My three children are instinctively programmed to baffle me with their unique characteristics. Today was one of those days when their random food requests left me with question marks dancing over my head. Here's their strange but true list of culinary desires:
1. Deviled eggs decorated with a sprinkle of Hungarian
Paprika (My mother refuses to call these "deviled" eggs and
instead has renamed them "Heavenly" eggs. She's a much better
Catholic than I am. I'm a work in progress.)
2. Several slices of whole wheat bread toasted to perfection and
served with spoonfuls of delicious strawberry spreadable fruit.
3. Macaroni and Cheese - the boxed kind with shapes from the
movie "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja
4. Bowls of Cereal that pretty much have no nutritional value
whatsoever no matter how hard the manufacturers try to
convince you of the opposite.
5. Crunchy, cold, red delicious apples
6. Whole wheat bread slathered with peanut butter and folded over
to resemble a sandwich
7. A few Chicks and Bunnies from a bag of Easter candy I just
couldn't resist when we went to Target yesterday.
Now on to dinner, which I will hopefully be able to pull off with a little better selection of nutritious foods for my three food critics.