Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Once Upon a Sunday

My three children are instinctively programmed to baffle me with their unique characteristics.  Today was one of those days when their random food requests left me with question marks dancing over my head.   Here's their strange but true list of culinary desires:
 
1.  Deviled eggs decorated with a sprinkle of Hungarian  
     Paprika (My mother refuses to call these "deviled" eggs and
     instead has renamed them "Heavenly" eggs. She's a much better
     Catholic than I am.  I'm a work in progress.)
 
2.  Several slices of whole wheat bread toasted to perfection and
     served with spoonfuls of delicious strawberry spreadable fruit.
 
3.  Macaroni and Cheese - the boxed kind with shapes from the
     movie "How to Train Your Dragon" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja
     Turtles." 
 
4.  Bowls of Cereal that pretty much have no nutritional value
     whatsoever no matter how hard the manufacturers try to
     convince you of the opposite.
 
5.  Crunchy, cold, red delicious apples
 
6.  Whole wheat bread slathered with peanut butter and folded over
      to resemble a sandwich 
 
7.  A few Chicks and Bunnies from a bag of Easter candy I just
     couldn't resist when we went to Target yesterday. 
 
Now on to dinner, which I will hopefully be able to pull off with a little better selection of nutritious foods for my three food critics.